Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It really is winter, somewhere...

Nov. 17... it is a nice and warm day in Mesa, AZ. Went to the temple with the Stake Relief Society.
One week later, in Utah... strawberry plants, ready to hibernate. I didn't know that strawberry leaves could be so gorgeous!
The kids with their Aunt McKell and the Mama Kitty. Coats, gloves and scarves needed for us Arizona warm blooded people.
Of course... 4-wheeler rides. Thankfully the weather was sunny enough to have rides on Thanksgiving day and on the Saturday afterward. Grandpa and Daddy have something in common... they both like to smile goofy for the camera. Same look in all three pics.


Tucker, sticking his tongue out to catch snowflakes? Nope, he is a few days early, the snow didn't come until Tuesday, and we were back in Arizona. He sure liked sitting on Uncle Andy's shoulders while we were at Temple Square though.
Beautiful place all year round, extra fun with the Christmas lights. Salt Lake City Temple and Temple Square. The kids really enjoyed the nativity scene and story told with it too.
Cami, Grandma, Grandpa, McKell, Samantha, Andy and Tucker, Eve, Wes and Jeremy, and Melece. The weather was chilly, but we were bundled, after all, is IS WINTER!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures of Salt Lake. Maybe we'll be stationed in Utah some day so I can see the city. How much more time before your hubby comes home. Hope it's soon, I can imagine how hard taking care of the kids yourself is.
Thanks for the encouragement for the photos. If I get the ambition I'll have to try taking more photos. The housing here in Monterey is having a Winter Wonder Land with Santa and photo booths so I'm hoping we can get a good picture or two there. Keeping me fingers crossed.

The Kemps said...

Great pictures! I love Christmas at Temple Square. I'm so glad you got to enjoy the lights!!! Did your kids absolutely love it?! I bet they did!!

jungleprincess said...

I love the photos, especially the ones with your dad!

background