HOORAY! I did it! I haven't been able to donate blood in years because my iron was always low. After all, if you are trying to build your calcium intake, you are inadvertently lowering your iron intake. Did you know that? The opposite is also true. You really can only be trying to absorb one or the other. SO, the key is to work on your iron intake and ignore your calcium boosting for 3-6 days before you want to donate blood.
I went in kind of tenetively, but my face was sure glowing when I found out that I could donate! So, I hope I am back on track to a donating schedule. It will be nice. Next opportunity: after the first week of January.
1 comment:
That is so great. I hadn't ever been able to donate blood until 4 years ago. And the first time I donated I felt great. Keep up the donating.
Post a Comment