I made "yummy" ramen noodles on the side in case the kids didn't like the new dish, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they liked it a lot! I would say that Eve enjoyed it the most of the children, but Samantha had seconds also. Tucker ate the least, maybe 1/4 a cup.
Tucker mostly ate apples and ramen, but he was also falling asleep because he hadn't gotten a nap today. Once I was convinced he'd eaten enough, I washed him up and put him to bed about 6:45.
I prepared half the recipe, just because I wasn't sure about something new. There were no left overs!!! I would say that is one of the more sucessful attempts at trying something new. Those of you who know me already know this, but I will write it again for those who don't know me as well yet. I love to cook, I also love to try new things. Because of this, my children are quite used to being required to try at least one bite of something new at least a few times a month. Some new recipes are yummy and we add them to ones we want to have again, some are mediocre and we don't bother to try them again, and some never even make it into leftover containers in the fridge because what couldn't be choked down was tossed out. Hey, not everything works, or is liked by all, right?
This recipe is definitely getting added to the have again category, and I think we will all be pleased. I can't wait to make it for Roland some day and get his opinion too. I think he will have similar thoughts to what Eve vocalized when getting seconds, "I like the steak the best!" It WAS a tender steak to compliment the brocolli and noodles.
This is a picture from Kraft Foods, but ours looked just as good. I suggest giving it a try if you feel daring. Here is the link for the page with the recipe.
http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=recipe&m=recipe/knet_recipe_display&u1=keyword&u2=stir%20fry&u3=**6*75&wf=9&recipe_id=107263

2 comments:
Looks delicious, thanks for sharing the recipe!!!
Let me know if you try it!
Post a Comment