Friday, July 13, 2007

Timpanoke Trail Hike

Beautiful Day for Hiking.... we started at 6 a.m. on July 7, 07. Yes, I confess, I organized the hike with some family members. I thought it would be "fun".
Yes, We made it to the tip top of that mountain! It was approximately 14 miles (round trip), and from where we started the trail, we climbed about 4,5oo feet in elevation. WOW! and Me, as a Sea Level girl for years now, made it!!!
Ryan, attempting his hand at free rock climbing...
We made it! Dad, me, Andy, Ryan, and Wes. Top of Mount Timpanogas.
My viewpoint from Emerald Lake. I just came down that mountain, half of it on my toushie, sliding in snow. We could sort of walk/slide, once we made it to the area where the rocks split the snow. Before that, no choice but to slide. NOTE: protect your hands by putting them in your lap, not draggin them in the snow. Steer with your feet. I am glad I did, my brother in law, Wes and J.L.'s friend Rusty, wish they had learned that too. Their hands were aching for a while.
Dad and I at the midpoint, when we could walk through the snow.
Me.... Emerald Lake.
J.L. Chillin at Emerald Lake.
Most of the group, Dad, Ryan, J.L., Rusty (J.L.'s friend) and Wes.
Final Member of group, Andy. I had fun with my brothers and my dad and I am SOOOO glad we went. My dad felt exhilerated while we were hiking. Once I made it to the top, I had to agree.

3 comments:

michelle said...

Wow! Have you hiked Mt. Timp before? I love the feeling of accomplishment when you are at the top (and back down again). I have only done the hike twice, but it's sort of a personal metaphor me whenever I come across hard tasks in life.

Camilla said...

Yes, I hiked it about 12 or 13 years ago, sort of forgot some of the grandeur.
I DID feel a sense of accomplishment though, and who wouldn't enjoy the scenery, right? Thanks for the metaphor idea, it is very true.

Traciannee said...

Cami, Good memories of the hike 12-13 years ago was with you. I need to climb that mountain again.
You are sure staying busy on your vacation. And I bet your kids are having such a great time.

background