Grandpa and Grandma Kitchen, the patriarch and matriarch of this fantastic Family Reunion.
Melece and Wes, lovey dovey by the bingo table.
Eve, fishing. One of the many ways to earn Kitchen Kash, the currency of the day. You could also play bingo, coin toss, make stationary that was sold at the auction, make rockets, participate in the balloon toss, fill out family info quizes, and MORE!
Duane and one of the little guys fishing in the fish pond. And of course, Samantha smiling on.
Joe and Ryan working on a family info quiz... and Tucker, learning how to work the marshmallow pvc pipe guns. I liked those and plan to now make some of my own for my family. Fun, and safe. Moms love it. Illusion of danger, so Dad's can love it too. Those marshmallows do have quite a pop to them when they come whizzing out of the pipe, but thankfully, they are only as hard as a marshmallow.=)
Tucker and Ruster, (Kris and Rulon's boy). Once this water fountain was discovered, the kids were wet.
Jeremy (Melece and Wes's fish, I mean boy), in the fish pond.
Bottle Rocket Away!!!
Ryan, Mark, Josh, Shane, Joe, and Tucker
Eve and Samantha were supposed to share their money with me. I only had 150, if you added mine and Tucker's together. Eve had about 350 and Samantha had about 275. Imagine the load we would have together! However, they decided to bid an buy their own treasures that day... and they loved it!
Paul and Sheryl
Leslie and Porter
Karen and her two kids in front. Everyone is now starting to assemble for the auciton. Activities motivated people to participate and earn Kitchen Kash, the flourescent means by which donated items were purchased.
The auctioneers! Tamara, Karina,and Savannah (Newell and Suzanne's girls)
Tucker and the last precious water balloon.
Jon and Teralee, I think they are pooling their Kash in order to buy more!
Devin, Elisa and Emily
Sariah (Teralee and Dave's girl), getting her diaper changed.
Kevin making a rocket! Many tried their creative talents at this craft and surprised me with how high they flew!
Spencer and Emily (Elisa's girl)
Kelly, Suzanne, David and Jaqueline, and Kathy
Emily and Rachel, the auction has got everyone counting and bidding!
Jalyn (Amy and Josh's), patiently waiting to use her "Kitchen Kash"
Boyd and Newell
Jeremy (Melece and Wes's) and Ginnie's boy
Kittie (Kris and Rulon's) and Isa (Janelle and Brandon's).
Melece and Janelle
Michelle and Katy
Stephen, eating ground wheat? Who forgot to get this boy a plate of lunch?
Terry, Teralee, Ginnie, and Lucinda... counting money also!
Second generation Cousins: Jalyn (Amy and Josh's), Kindie and Brinlee (Mark and Adelie's girls), and Daishia (Amy and Josh's also). (Sorry about the spelling if I got it wrong. Let me know and I will fix it!)
Grandma's Pedigree chart, complete with coloring book illustrations. It was so neat! I liked how the cutouts showed the different periods of time.
Hope you enjoyed! We had a great time and I was SO glad that we stayed on vacation long enough to participate in this reunion. It was a sucess to me. How do you measure success? I am sure it is measured differently by each individual. I think I measure by these points: I look at what we did, I saw people I loved, missed and wanted to visit with, we had fun, and we had the opportunity to draw closer as a family. Yes, a sucess.
3 comments:
Thank you so much for the pics and awesome reunion! Those little red-heads were the cutest kids there (no, I'm not biased!) We had so much fun, and even Rulon (Daddy) didn't get bored. Thanks again!
The fact that Rulon didn't get bored is good. Our poor spouses get thrown into the mix, usually before they realize what they are getting into. It takes extra patience, love, and humor to go to your spouse's family reunions, especially to enjoy yourself.=) So "HOORAY and THANKS FOR COMING!" to all the spouses who made it.
Cami
Thanks for all the work getting all of those picts up. They are great! I agree that the reunion was a great success, and had such a wonderful time getting reaquainted and seeing everyone. It's so great that so many travel from a long ways away to attend the reunions. Thanks to everyone.
Love,
Janelle Rudd
(my little girl is Isa by the way :) --in the photo
Post a Comment