We didn't get the chance to go far this summer, but we finally made a three day trip.
Our first stop was the hotel in Mesa. We visited with Tiff and children, saw the visitor center, and to Samantha's relief, tried to stay away from any bees.
Roland and I enjoyed a fulfilling session at the Mesa Temple while the children played with my wonderful friend Tiffany! THANKS, THANKS, THANKS and THANKS again! (4 kids!)
Then, after only a minimal amount of sleep for the children, I told them all to snooze on our drive to Tucson to visit Bryan and Aimee (my cousin and family) while the girls had an overnight Girl Scout Camp.
There was much fun, little sleep, and lots of play. We even enjoyed taking Daniel with us to Colossal Cave, where we didn't go IN the cave, but followed a "treasure map". We got to mine for gold, meet a statue cowboy, see butterflies, and much more! When we picked the girls back up after 24 hours, Samantha didn't stop talking for about 15 minutes straight!
That was the last weekend before school started, and it was as near to perfect as possible.
As a closing note, the kids started school this week and they love it! Wow, summer went by quickly.
4 comments:
You didn't go in the Cave? That's too bad. It would really shock you, especially if you're remembering Timp cave. It's not cool or wet at all. It's dry and warm as caves go. Very different for me at least.
I'm glad you finally updated Cami! I've been waiting . . . . :)
I saw Tiffany's mom, Eileen, last week and she told me that you two had a great visit and that Tiffany got to watch your kids!
Way to go guys!
Me and the kids had a great time visiting with you and your family. Hallie asked me the other day when "those two girls" were going to come back and play! I am glad I could help you guys out and thanks for making the effort to come and see us!
Post a Comment